[CentOS] Tasks in /etc/cron.daily on CentOS 7?

Mike 1100100 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 18:49:59 UTC 2015

Hi Nicki,

I'm new to CentOS, and came from Slackware servers too.  I recently
installed 2 servers with CentOS 7 and was unaware of /etc/anacrontab.
I saw there was an /etc/crontab file and entered a few executable bash
scripts in there.  My logs confirm it's up and functional.

/etc/crontab :

SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root

# For details see man 4 crontabs

# Example of job definition:
# .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
# |  .------------- hour (0 - 23)
# |  |  .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
# |  |  |  .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
# |  |  |  |  .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR
sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat
# *  *  *  *  * user-name  command to be executed

20   6  *  *  *  root  /root/RTCSS
20  12  *  *  *  root  /root/RTCSS
20  18  *  *  *  root  /root/RTCSS
10  23  *  *  *  root  /root/a1-precise