[CentOS] Tasks in /etc/cron.daily on CentOS 7?

Tris Hoar trishoar at bgfl.org
Thu Mar 12 12:57:35 UTC 2015

On 11/03/2015 15:17, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just configured SquidAnalyzer, a nifty little network statistics tool
> that I'm using mainly in school networks to monitor network usage.
>
> I want to run the '/usr/bin/squid-analyzer' script once a day. I took a
> peek in /etc/cron.daily, and the package already installed an
> /etc/cron.daily/0squidanalyzer script.
>
> I wanted to know at what time CentOS ran the cron.daily scripts, so I
> typed crontab -l, but there was only "no cronjobs defined for root".
>
> Here's how things look on a public Slackware64 14.0 server I administrate:
>
> # crontab -l
> # Run hourly cron jobs at 47 minutes after the hour:
> 47 * * * * /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null
> #
> # Run daily cron jobs at 4:40 every day:
> 40 4 * * * /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.daily 1> /dev/null
> #
> # Run weekly cron jobs at 4:30 on the first day of the week:
> 30 4 * * 0 /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.weekly 1> /dev/null
> #
> # Run monthly cron jobs at 4:20 on the first day of the month:
> 20 4 1 * * /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.monthly 1> /dev/null
>
> How is this handled on CentOS 7?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki
CentOS / RHEL 7 use anacron for this

[root at server~]# cat /etc/anacrontab
# /etc/anacrontab: configuration file for anacron

# See anacron(8) and anacrontab(5) for details.

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
# the maximal random delay added to the base delay of the jobs
RANDOM_DELAY=45
# the jobs will be started during the following hours only
START_HOURS_RANGE=3-22

#period in days   delay in minutes   job-identifier   command
1	5	cron.daily		nice run-parts /etc/cron.daily
7	25	cron.weekly		nice run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
@monthly 45	cron.monthly		nice run-parts /etc/cron.monthly

Tris

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation