[CentOS] mysql replication - problems

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:15:17 UTC 2015

Hey Alberto,

Perfect! Thanks for your response. Moving the certs and keys to an
alternate location worked exactly right.

Master:

MariaDB [(none)]> show variables like '%ssl%';
+---------------+----------------------+
| Variable_name | Value                |
+---------------+----------------------+
| have_openssl  | YES                  |
| have_ssl      | YES                  |
| ssl_ca        | /opt/mysql/ca.crt    |
| ssl_capath    |                      |
| ssl_cert      | /opt/mysql/mysql.crt |
| ssl_cipher    |                      |
| ssl_key       | /opt/mysql/mysql.key |
+---------------+----------------------+
7 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Slave:

mysql> show variables like '%ssl%';
+---------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name | Value                      |
+---------------+----------------------------+
| have_openssl  | YES                        |
| have_ssl      | YES                        |
| ssl_ca        | /opt/mysql/ca.crt          |
| ssl_capath    |                            |
| ssl_cert      | /opt/mysql/mysql-slave.crt |
| ssl_cipher    |                            |
| ssl_key       | /opt/mysql/mysql-slave.key |
+---------------+----------------------------+
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

At least now SSL is recognized by the systems.

mysql> show slave status \G
               Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
                  Master_Host: web2.somewhere.com
                  Master_User: jf_slave
                  Master_Port: 3306
                Connect_Retry: 60
              Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000006
          Read_Master_Log_Pos: 27664
               Relay_Log_File: mysqld-relay-bin.000002
                Relay_Log_Pos: 391
        Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000006
             Slave_IO_Running: Yes
            Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
              Replicate_Do_DB: tesdb
          Replicate_Ignore_DB:
           Replicate_Do_Table:
       Replicate_Ignore_Table:
      Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
  Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
                   Last_Errno: 0
                   Last_Error:
                 Skip_Counter: 0

*   Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 27664              Relay_Log_Space: 548*
              Until_Condition: None
               Until_Log_File:
                Until_Log_Pos: 0
           Master_SSL_Allowed: Yes
           Master_SSL_CA_File: /opt/mysql/ca.crt
           Master_SSL_CA_Path:
              Master_SSL_Cert: /opt/mysql/mysql-slave.crt
            Master_SSL_Cipher:
               Master_SSL_Key: /opt/mysql/mysql-slave.key
        Seconds_Behind_Master: 0
Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert: No
                Last_IO_Errno: 0
                Last_IO_Error:
               Last_SQL_Errno: 0
               Last_SQL_Error:
  Replicate_Ignore_Server_Ids:
             Master_Server_Id: 1
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks so much for all your help! This was very sanity-saving. :)

Best!
Tim

GPG me!!