[CentOS] centos 7 database access only possible trough localhost and not IP

Laurent CREPET crepetl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 08:03:24 UTC 2015

Hi Robert,

I have almost no experience with CentOS 7(still using CentOS 6). However, I
recommed the following checks:

1. Check that PostgreSQL is listening on 0.0.0.0 (all ip addresses) and not
127.0.0.1. To check, you can use the command:

  netstat -tuplan

If PostgreSQL is listening only on 127.0.0.1, you'll never be able to
connect to it from the network. You'll have to change the PostgreSQL
settings.

2. Check that iptables (firewall) is allowing the connections from the
network to PostgreSQL. Use the following command to get the list of rules
that are currently loaded:

  iptables -L

Regards,
Laurent.