[CentOS] CentOS 7 on Dell Inspiron with ATI Radeon HD 6320 video card

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Sun Mar 15 21:35:54 UTC 2015

Le 15/03/2015 20:09, Jay Leafey a écrit :
> Like you I've mostly dealt with nVidia or Intel video.  I had some
> painful initial issues with the fglrx driver, but once I became more
> accustomed to the quirks it was quite stable.  The wiki at elrepo was
> helpful.  This was on desktop systems, I know the "portable" chipsets
> used in the laptops are a bit different.

I've experimented a bit with both, and went with the free radeon driver,
which seems stable.

On a side note, the laptop gave me some headaches with the Broadcom
BCM4313 wireless driver. After some research in the CentOS wiki and a
page on ELrepo, I managed to configure it. I took some notes here:

https://kikinovak.wordpress.com/2015/03/15/configurer-une-carte-wifi-broadcom-bcm4313-sous-centos-7/

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat