[CentOS] RHEL/CentOS bugfixing policy for LibreOffice, Firefox, Thunderbird?

Niki Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Wed Mar 25 09:39:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

RHEL/CentOS releases 5.x, 6.x and 7.x are all shipping reasonably recent
versions of Firefox ESR, Thunderbird ESR and LibreOffice. Until recently
I've been using Slackware Linux as a base system for client's desktops
and workstations. Since my primary aim is reliability, I always tried to
opt for the most stable releases, so for example I'd rather go for
LibreOffice 4.2.8 than 4.3.1.

A question just crossed my mind: does RHEL include software like
LibreOffice, Firefox, Thunderbird "as is" from upstream, or is there
some RHEL-specific quality control and bugfixing for this kind of software?

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr