[CentOS] Not getting updates?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Mar 27 21:03:20 UTC 2015

On 3/27/2015 1:56 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> It is indeed a symlink ... and it will indeed be shifted.
>
> People also really should use rsync with the -H option for hardlinks as
> that will save much space between releases as well.  (Almost all the
> items in the 'cr' repo, 'os' repo, and 'fasttrack' repo from the
> 7.0.1406 tree will make up the new os repo in the newer 7.1.1503 tree.)
>
> If you are not using -H, you have to download each RPM more than once.

rsync from $job is incredibly slow and unreliable and frequently errored
out partway through the process.  I switched to lftp some time ago but
just realized that it wasn't handling symlinks properly (although all
indications are that it should be).   A possible complication may be
that I just moved my local mirror from a old Solaris 10 system to a new
FreeNAS (FreeBSD) system, and am using the lftp from freeBSD 9.3
'ports', whihc is lftp version 4.6.1.  The old solaris system had LFTP
4.0.10

--
john, recycling bits in santa cruz