[CentOS] Gnome2 Desktop mute buttons for mic and video

Thu Mar 5 15:01:44 UTC 2015
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

CentOS-6.6

Does anyone know of an application that would provide a 'mute' buttons
 for video and audio that could be used from a desktop panel?  Ideally
this would show the status (muted/cloaked or open mic/recording) of
each.

Presently, turning audio and video pick-ups off and on is rather
cumbersome. And I often forget what state I have left them in.  Which
occasionally makes for some confusing moments trying to debug a
non-existent problem.

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3