[CentOS] CentOS 7 on Dell Inspiron with ATI Radeon HD 6320 video card

Sun Mar 15 10:15:11 UTC 2015
Niki Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Hi,

I'm currently installing CentOS 7 on a client's Dell Inspiron laptop.
Here's the video card:

# lspci | grep -i vga
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] Wrestler [Radeon HD 6320]

Most of the time, I either have to deal with Intel or NVidia graphic
chipsets. As far as I understand, I can choose either the free 'radeon'
driver or the proprietary 'fglrx' driver with this video card.

I'm not too worried about performance, since this will essentially be a
laptop for office productivity. On the other hand, I do worry about
driver stability. I vaguely remember having seen freeze problems with
these cards.

Which driver should I use for a most stable setup?

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr