[CentOS] installing C7 on a laptop with Win7, dual boot

Mon Mar 2 02:02:58 UTC 2015
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 01:15:14AM +0000, miguelmedalha at sapo.pt wrote:

> >It's not that I use the win7 installation much, but I do want to be able
> >to do so when one of those rare occasions pops up.
> >

> If your laptop is powerful enough and its processor supports
> hardware virtualization, you can have both systems running at the
> same time with almost no speed decrease. There are free
> virtualization solutions such as Virtual Box. You would instsl C7
> and then create a virtual machine for Windows. When you need
> Windows, just run it in a window.
>
> Dual boot is a PITA.

yeah, I know!

this is a netbook with a dual core 1.6Ghz Atom. not very powerful.

I also don't have any installation media, all I have is the running
Windows system, so I'd have to figure out how to turn a "real" machine
into a VM. I know its doable, I'm just not sure I want to go that route.

but thanks for the suggestion!

Fred
                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.