[CentOS] Glibc sources?

Mon Mar 2 17:15:24 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 03/02/2015 11:00 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> Do you plan on shipping this updated glibc as part of the product, or is
>>> this simply for testing? If you plan to distribute/ship an updated
>>> glibc, that's probably going to raise a few eyebrows and anger a few
>>> sysadmins.
>>
>> No release.  Only testing.
>>

> Also, please be advised that rebuilding a package and then trying to
> compare it to something else built earlier is likely not going to work
> unless you can duplicate the exact set of packages that are installed in
> the build root at the time of the build.  Even then, with documentation
> generation, you STILL might not get an exact, bit for bit, match when
> building later.
>
> It is almost impossible to duplicate a closed and staged build system
> for a give date unless you are trying very hard to do so.

> ^^ That would likely be impossible to accomplish. See my comments above.
>
> <snip>

The list of packages that were in the "mock build root" for our build of
the glibc-2.12-1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.src.rpm is here:

http://ur1.ca/ju24m

To get close to an exact match, you need to use mock and use the
packages listed above (and only those versions) if you are trying to get
a build that matches what we built.