[CentOS] Ignorant question on SSL certs

Tue Mar 3 21:27:53 UTC 2015
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

On 03/04/2015 08:12 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> My question is simply: Does one require a separate cert for dovecot?

Dovecot does not care if you use the same cert for other applications.

Your question is missing the point, others are trying to tell you that
the real issue is that the cert was not created properly for the
hostname that the IMAP clients are connecting to.  This has nothing to
do with sharing the certificate with other applications.

I use the same cert for dovecot, postfix and apache.  They are all
individually happy with this single cert, but they all use the same
hostname to connect (mail.example.com) and so can have the same commonname.

Peter