[CentOS] selinux allow FTP

Tue Mar 3 22:56:55 UTC 2015
Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com>

On Mar 3, 2015, at 2:30 PM, Brian Mathis <brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com> wrote:

> people are bound by corporate restrictions

That seems like an awfully convenient rug to sweep problems under.

Can’t fix a security problem?  Corporate restrictions!

Can’t require sensible security defaults restrictions by default?  Corporate restrictions!

Can’t move off IE6?  Corporate restrictions!

This seems like code for “We’d really rather computing in 2015 worked like computing in 1995.”

I’d say this continued “dead horse beating” is helpful.  No one should come away from proposing a solution based on FTP in 2015 without being chastised for it.