[CentOS] LVM encryption and new volume group

Fri Mar 6 06:50:32 UTC 2015
Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 11:17 PM, Robert Nichols
<rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net> wrote:
> You don't even need to do that.  The init scripts try your passphrase
> on every encrypted volume.  If that one passphrase unlocks everything,
> you're done.  In a graphical boot, you don't even know which volume
> you are being prompted to unlock (and the order is not consistent).

man systemd.special

       cryptsetup.target
           A target that pulls in setup services for all encrypted
block devices.

Hmm. I think it still needs a crypttab entry so this target knows to
try to unlock it, and the volumes within need an fstab entry also if
you want them automounted.

--
Chris Murphy