[CentOS] Centos 6 - disabling IPv6 addressing

Fri Mar 6 16:00:36 UTC 2015

On 03/06/2015 10:55 AM, Barry Brimer wrote:

>> IPV6INIT="no"
>>
>> But I am still getting a global IPv6 (and of course local scope).
>>
>> What else do I need to do to disable the listening for RA announcements
>>
>> and setting an IPv6 global address?  I do not want to reboot the box.
> There are other modules, most notably bonding that rely on the ipv6 module being loaded. What I do is place "options ipv6 disable=1" in "/etc/modprobe.d/ipv6.conf". That does require a reboot, which I know you are looking to avoid, so you may want to try other methods to remove your address in the running configuration.

'All' I need is for the system not to have a global IPv6 address. Then
it will not try to connect to other global IPv6 systems which will
reject the connection, as the IPv6 rDNS cannot be set, given it is a
dynamic IPv6 assigned address from the ISP.