[CentOS] How to install tp_smapi and acpi_call kernel modules

Sat Mar 7 16:35:58 UTC 2015
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 07/03/15 15:29, Tim wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> tlp and tlp-rdw are already installed from epel.
> But these packages miss that kernel modules.
> So when I want these I have to add the repo and replace $release in the mirror url with 21 of fedora, right?

No, the kernel modules must be compiled for the CentOS kernel.
Installing from a Fedora repository will not work.

I would suggest you talk to the folks at EPEL on their mailing list.

> Am 7. März 2015 15:39:14 MEZ, schrieb Bob Marcan <bob.marcan at gmail.com>:
>> On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 12:52:27 +0100
>> Tim <lists at kiuni.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've got a Thinkpad T420 and would like to use full tlp
>> functionality.
>>> Therefore I need the kernel module tp_smapi and acpi_call.
>>>
>>> Have a look right here:
>>>
>> http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/docs/tlp-linux-advanced-power-management.html#installation
>>> There are only fedora related packages but none for RHEL/CentOS.
>>>
>>> Should I install that repo and hardcode the mirror to the fc21 repo?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Tim