[CentOS] Running the Wine emulator on CentOS 7

Sat Mar 7 17:24:12 UTC 2015
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 07/03/15 16:40, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Up until recently, I've been running Wine 1.6.2 on my workstation under
> Slackware64 14.1. I used it to emulate a handful of legacy apps that ran
> under Windows XP. They worked perfectly with that setup.
>
> After migrating the workstation from Slackware to CentOS 7, I installed
> the Wine packages, but none of my applications run. I only get an error
> message about "wrong EXE format". And that's it.
>
> Any idea what's going on?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

Only a guess as I don't run wine and don't have any Windows
applications, but...

CentOS 7 is 64-bit. Therefore I'm guessing you've installed a 64-bit
version of wine on CentOS? Further guessing your Windows apps are
32-bit? Can you see where I'm going here?

I'm guessing you are either going to need to build/install a 32-bit
version of wine or will need to find 64-bit versions of your Windows
applications.