[CentOS] Running the Wine emulator on CentOS 7

Mon Mar 9 15:00:58 UTC 2015
Niki Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 09/03/2015 13:02, Johnny Hughes a écrit :
> I was just getting ready to build those, I need them:)  .. how about we
> put them (or newer ones, if available) in i686 extras.

On a side note, I wonder when - and if - a 32-bit version of CentOS will
eventually become available. I'm managing a small IT company in South
France, and I have to deal with a considerable amount of legacy hardware
in schools and town halls, mostly first generation Pentium IV with
something like 1 GB of RAM. In general, folks are happy as long as they
don't have to upgrade their hardware when moving from Windows to Linux.
These old PCs may be dinosaurs, but apparently it takes a meteor strike
to wipe them.

At the moment this kind of hardware is running my personal blend of
32-bit Slackware Linux 14.0 or 14.1. I'm planning to install CentOS 6.x
on it, but I think it would be perfectly able to run a 32-bit version of
CentOS 7.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat