[CentOS] Problem with ntp

Mon Mar 9 16:25:11 UTC 2015
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015, C.L. Martinez wrote:

>>  Does "ntpq -4 -c peer" work? If so, then the problem is related to
>>  access via IPv6 and this line in ntp.conf:
>>
>> > #   Permit all access over the loopback interface.  This could
>> > #   be tightened as well, but to do so would effect some of
>> > #   the administrative functions.
>> >  restrict 127.0.0.1
>> >  #restrict ::1
>>
>>  Uncommnent the IPv6 restrict entry, restart ntpd, and try again.
>
> Yep, using "ntpq -4", works [....]
>
> Uhmm .. Then, my problem is with Ipv6. I have disabled all IPv6 stack using
> ipv6_disable=1 in grub.cfg ...
>
> According to this I need to re-enable ... Correct??

I think you'll find that IPv6 is alive and well on your machine. A
quick peek will show you:

   /sbin/ip -6 addr

In the "lo" device, you'll see the standard "::1/128" loopback
address. In your ethernet devices, you'll probably see "fe80::/64"
link-local addresses.

All you need to do is uncomment the "restrict ::1" entry in your
ntp.conf and restart ntpd.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com