[CentOS] Centos 6 - disabling IPv6 addressing

Mon Mar 9 20:01:21 UTC 2015
Jay Leafey <jay.leafey at mindless.com>

> No change after running this and trying both:
>
> system network restart
>
> ifdown eth0; ifup eth0
>
> Still having an IPv6 addr.
>
> The box has been up for 140 days.  Would like to keep it running...
>
> This box is really Redsleeve 6, which is the port of Centos 6 to arm.
> The kernel I am using is the F19 kernel.  All of this MIGHT be
> contributing to things not working as they would on a 'normal' Centos
> box.  I am awaiting the start of the Centos7-arm work ;)

Hmm, I've used the information in this link in the past with good results:

> http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS6#head-d47139912868bcb9d754441ecb6a8a10d41781df

Don't know how this would with with Redsleeve, but with both CentOS 6
and RHEL 6 it works fine.  I was able to disable IPv6 on-the-fly without
a reboot using the "sysctl -w" method.

Your Mileage May Vary!
Jay Leafey - jay.leafey at mindless.com
Memphis, TN