[CentOS] Running the Wine emulator on CentOS 7

Tue Mar 10 11:08:20 UTC 2015
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 09/03/15 17:24, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Le 08/03/2015 01:53, Nux! a écrit :
>> There are some 32bit RPMs (slightly older) here:
>> http://arrfab.net/attic/RPMS/7/x86_64/
>
> I tried to install these, but I ran into some trouble. Here's what
> I tried to do.
>
> I'm using the yum-priorities plugin. The official CentOS repos are
>  configured with a priority of 1. Besides that, I'm using the EPEL
> and Nux-dextop third party repos, each with a priority of 10.
>
> I created an /etc/yum.repos.d/wine.repo file:
>
> [wine] enabled=1 priority=5 name=Wine repository
> baseurl=http://arrfab.net/attic/RPMS/7/$basearch/ gpgcheck=0
>
> I gave it a priority of 5, since I want the wine-* packages to have
>  precedence over those present in EPEL.
>
> But when I try this:
>
> # yum install wine
>
> ... here's what I get:
>
> =======================================
>
> Error:  Multilib version problems found. This often means that the
> root cause is something else and multilib version checking is just
>  pointing out that there is a problem. Eg.:
>
> 1. You have an upgrade for openal-soft which is missing some
> dependency that another package requires. Yum is trying to solve
> this by installing an older version of openal-soft of the different
> architecture. If you exclude the bad architecture yum will tell you
> what the root cause is (which package requires what). You can try
> redoing the upgrade with --exclude openal-soft.otherarch ... this
> should give you an error message showing the root cause of the
> problem.
>
> 2. You have multiple architectures of openal-soft installed, but
> yum can only see an upgrade for one of those architectures. If you
> don't want/need both architectures anymore then you can remove the
> one with the missing update and everything will work.
>
> 3. You have duplicate versions of openal-soft installed already.
> You can use "yum check" to get yum show these errors.
>
> ...you can also use --setopt=protected_multilib=false to remove
> this checking, however this is almost never the correct thing to do
> as something else is very likely to go wrong (often causing much
> more problems).
>
> Protected multilib versions: openal-soft-1.15.1-3.el7.arrfab.i686
> != openal-soft-1.16.0-2.el7.x86_64

> Now before I'm wrecking my system, I thought I'd rather ask your
> advice. What can I do to install this Wine version cleanly?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

Yeah, as said, I built those initially, but haven't tracked those, so
if Epel updated some of the required packages, you'll have that issue.
Feel free to just exclude those conflicting packages from epel.repo
and that would normally work :
exclude=wine* openal*

Remove also those packages (if still installed on disk) and then you
should be able to install wine (both x86_64 and i386)

As it seems quite some people are interested in wine packages, and
that EPEL will probably not build those packages, I'm wondering if the
best solution is to :
- - rebuild all those (and track version updates) and host it on
people.centos.org
- - put those on C7 extras

Opinions ?

- --