[CentOS] Glibc sources?

Tue Mar 10 22:47:33 UTC 2015
ANDY KENNEDY <ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com>

> Okay, thanks.  I really don't need _EXACT_ match, but close.  Again, my
> aim is to equip GlibC with some logging facilities IF anyone is using the
> gethostbyname().  Given the help from this list, I was able to rebuild
> GlibC for CentOS and am testing my stuff now.
>
> I appreciate your help on this matter.  Not knowing where the knobs are was
> the hardest part.  I have just about completed my testing.
>
> Again, thanks for the help!
>
> Andy

Ughh!!  I just realized that the app that I'm testing has parts that are linked against 32-Bit
libraries.  I have to test that as well.  Ouch!

This leads to the question:

How do I tell rpmbuild to build the i686 version of the library in place of the x86_64?  I've
done some looking around on the web and I have found something about:

setarch i686 mock -r <something> ... rebuild <my.rpm>

Not being able to find the "mock" package for CentOS, I thought maybe:

setarch i686 rpmbuild -ba glibc.spec

would work.  This ended with an error:

enable-bind-now --with-tls --with-__thread --build i686-redhat-linux --host i686-redhat-linux --enable-multi-arch --enable-systemtap --disable-profile --enable-experimental-malloc --enable-nss-crypt
checking build system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking for i686-redhat-linux-gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in `/home/akennedy/rpmbuild/BUILD/glibc-2.12-2-gc4ccff1/build-i686-linuxnptl':
configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details.
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.2d2i9G (%build)

I have also looked through the glibc.spec file for something that would make me think that
I could change the target variant.

"rpmbuild --target=i686 -ba glibc.spec" gives the same output as the setarch i686 above.

Again, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy