[CentOS] SquidAnalyzer: minor trouble building RPM

Wed Mar 11 15:55:15 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Niki Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> After this heated exchange, I decided to take a pragmatic approach and
> choose a more appropriate tool as a base for my business. So here I am.

Yeah, businesses have this weird idea that if something works right,
it should just keep working for the life of the business...

By the way - if you are new to Centos and RH-style in general, you
might want to look at how much of the local configuration settings are
abstracted into files under /etc/sysconfig/.   I'm not sure if
slackware used that at all since it is a SysVinit concept - or how it
will evolve with the change do systemd, but generally for the packages
that pick up option settings there you can avoid editing the main
config files and setting up conflicts with future rpm updates.   It's
not perfect but it helps.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com