[CentOS] Network throughput testing software available for CentOS/Linux

Fri Mar 13 01:41:59 UTC 2015
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

On 12/03/15 08:42 PM, Marcelo Ricardo Leitner wrote:
> On 12-03-2015 17:39, Digimer wrote:
>>
>> On 12/03/15 04:29 PM, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> A network engineer buddy of mine brought up for discussion with
>>> me that he'd like to do some throughput testing, but he's new
>>> to Linux/RedHat. Is there any software I can recommend to him
>>> that any of you find above par for CentOS 6/7?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Gilbert
>>
>> I've used iperf a lot successfully. I have an RPM for EL6 on my
>> repo here:
>>
>> https://alteeve.ca/an-repo/el6/RPMS/x86_64/iperf-2.0.5-11.el6.anvil.x86_64.rpm

The source is there, and I would be surprised if it didn't build
>> easily on EL7.
>>
>> https://alteeve.ca/an-repo/el6/SRPMS/iperf-2.0.5-11.el6.anvil.src.rpm
>

> +1 for iperf, and it's available on EPEL also
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/ EPEL6 has iperf and
> iperf3 while EPEL7 has just iperf3.
>
> netperf is also very good, but it's more complex to use and I'm
> not aware of packages for it.
>
> Marcelo

I most likely compiled it from the EPEL repo, so I'd say to go get it
there, not from my repo.

Cheers

- --
Digimer