[CentOS] how to add service at boot up

Tue Mar 24 07:45:24 UTC 2015
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 3/24/2015 12:36 AM, robert wrote:
> Hi there,
> I am used to traditional update-rc.d et all.
>
> Now I wonder how to add a a script that used to called by init.d (wit
> start/sop ..) to the new "service start xx" regime.
>
> All the tutorials I found talk about how to use update-rc.d..

are you talking about systemd services in RHEL 7 ?

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/System_Administrators_Guide/sect-Managing_Services_with_systemd-Unit_Files.html#sect-Managing_Services_with_systemd-Unit_File_Create

short version:
you create a 'unit file' like /etc/systemd/system/servicename.service,
it has a few options in .ini file format to start and stop your
service....  then you tell systemd to reload daemons, and enable your
new service.

--
john, recycling bits in santa cruz