[CentOS] CentOS 6.x desktop specs: minimum requirements

Tue Mar 24 08:38:27 UTC 2015
Niki Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 24/03/2015 08:34, John R Pierce a écrit :
> I'd be looking at something like TinyLinux or DamnSmallLinux on those.

I don't want anything else than CentOS for the job.

I used to install my own heavily customized version of Slackware on
these machines (http://www.microlinux.fr/slackware/), but this was a bit
of a hassle to maintain.

CentOS 5.x is running perfectly well on these old PC's. My question was
more about what the 6.x installer needs to start. Once the base system
is installed, I know how to configure a lightweight desktop.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr
Mail : info at microlinux.fr