[CentOS] CentOS 6.x desktop specs: minimum requirements

Wed Mar 25 15:05:48 UTC 2015
James Szinger <jszinger at gmail.com>

A couple of years ago I installed C6 on a ThinkPad A20 (512MB ram, 450MHz
cpu).  It runs, but is painfully slow.  It can handle vi in an xterm, but
not a modern web browser.  Even a simple yum update takes too long.

Personally, i suggest staying with C5 and planning to recycle the hardware
when C5 goes EOL.   It comes down to which applications you need to support
and how big your support budget is.