[CentOS] Partition

Wed Mar 25 23:47:33 UTC 2015
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Stephen Drotar <stephen at artifex360.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I create partitions on
> a RAID disk from GUI?

      Is the RAID array already defined, maybe hardware RAID? If so,
as far as the OS/installation disk is concerned it is a normal disk
like any other. So you can then partition it any way you want from
GUI.

> Would you recommand partioning
> the drive if so I can only mount
> / /usr /swap

      Why don't you follow John's suggestion and use LVM? You can
install your OS easily in 50GB; my vm host (KVM/libvirt) uses around
6GB for the OS. Create a VG and put the OS partitions you want there
in 10-50G total; I think the OS will be happy if you just have / and
swap if you do not want to think about sizes. Leave the rest unused
for now. Once you have a working machine, then decide how you want to
allocate the rest of the disk (or disks). Worry about emulation after
you have a running server thingie.

Which emulation do you plan on running?

> I am not best at describing my problems

      Have you considered making a diagram instead?