[CentOS] headless VirtualBox on Centos

Fri Mar 27 10:49:45 UTC 2015
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 6:32 AM, Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome!
>
> Thanks for your replies everybody.
>
> I was looking more or less at the same options. Just was wondering if there
> was a ready-made set of scripts somewhere to set all of this in motion to
> save me a little time - but if not, I will just make one.

      I think it depends on which stage you want automated.

o If you built a vm client and just want to fire it up as needed, the
vbox command line should suffice. Just tell it to start headless.
Remember you can later on connect to its console using rdesktop if you
configured it.

o If you want to create the vm from scratch, you can create the vm
itself using vboxmanage (a biased example is shown at
http://unixwars.blogspot.com/2012/01/creating-virtualbox-vms-command-line.html).
Then you could do the initial disk partitioning and installing using,
say, kickstart.

o Another way to do the previous suggestion is to use packer. or JuJu.
Or Vagrant. Of the 3, I myself have more experience with packer.