[CentOS] Not getting updates?

Fri Mar 27 18:52:54 UTC 2015
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Mark Haney <mark.haney at vifprogram.com> wrote:
> I installed CentOS 7 late last year to use as my Nagios/Cacti Monitoring
> server.  Clean install, nothing real complicated just the server version
> with no GUI, just command line/SSH.
>
> I have noticed over the last 3 months that I've not had ANY updates when I
> run 'yum update'.  I have run 'yum clean all' to see if that might be a
> problem, and I've made sure the updates repo is enabled (it is), but I'm
> getting no CentOS updates.
>
> Did something change that I'm not aware of?  I'm even clueless how to being
> debugging this.  I'm no noob to RPM based systems as I run Fedora pretty
> much everywhere else.
>
> Ideas?

Try something like "yum info kernel".
It should show the repos it is checking, the installed version and the
repo it is from, plus available newer versions.  If your installed
version isn't from anaconda, maybe you have automatic updates enabled
and there is nothing newer when you check.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com