[CentOS] Not getting updates?

Fri Mar 27 20:56:13 UTC 2015
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 03/27/2015 03:27 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:46:20PM -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
>>>
>>> indeed, odd.  I just looked at my local mirror of a mirror, and
>>> I'm not seeing anything in /7/ newer than Jan 20
>>
>> oh.  is /7/  supposed to be a symlink to /7.0.1406/   or a separate
>> directory ?  it appears my mirroring of the mirror may be broken if
>> its supposed to be a symlink.
>>
>> in /7.0.1406/, I'm seeing files up to Feb 22.
>
> /7/ is a link to the latest release, which at this point in timeis 7.0.1406.
> Once 7.1 is released, the 7 symlink will point to it.

It is indeed a symlink ... and it will indeed be shifted.

People also really should use rsync with the -H option for hardlinks as
that will save much space between releases as well.  (Almost all the
items in the 'cr' repo, 'os' repo, and 'fasttrack' repo from the
7.0.1406 tree will make up the new os repo in the newer 7.1.1503 tree.)

If you are not using -H, you have to download each RPM more than once.