[CentOS] Building a newer glibc RPM for CentOS 6 and installing into an alternate path

Tue Mar 31 17:43:07 UTC 2015
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

On Mar 31, 2015, at 12:21, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

>> Isn't this the problem that docker was invented to solve?
>

> Yes, you could address this with docker quite easily, depending on the app.

Perhaps, but I’m running CentOS 6.6 i686 (i.e., 32-bit), and it appears that
Docker requires 64-bit.  Oh well, I was getting my hopes up for a while.  In
the mean time, we’ve requested a CentOS 6 compatible .shared library from our
vendor, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed while waiting for their reply.

Alfred