[CentOS] Systemd

Mon May 25 14:48:15 UTC 2015
Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com>

On 5/25/2015 4:40 AM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
>> On May 25, 2015, at 01:10, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'll reinstall chrony. But there *are* places I've needed to use nodeps. Mostly to manage inter-repo package incompatibilities.
> You should look into the yum priorities option to ensure packages from different repos don't step on each other, however I'd consider any yum repository that requires you break your rpm database to be one to avoid.

It usually happens when I've wanted to change versions of the same
software between repos and that software has been compiled differently.
Usually audio-visual software. Yum install triggers a conflict and yum
uninstall on the older package cascades a bunch of undesirable
uninstalls. The only solution is rpm -e -nodeps followed by installing
the newer package.

If you have a better solution, let me know.