[CentOS] CentOS 7, NFS 4, and a non ext4 fs (like zfs)

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Mon May 4 13:27:56 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 10:09:04AM +0200, tballin wrote:
> It really does not seem to be a zfs issue - it does look more like a nfs
> problem with certain filessystems. I asked this already on the zfs mailing
> list.
>
> So is there something I can do?
> Is the problem known?
> Is there a workaround , patch or fix?

There's probably a bug somewhere between the Linux Kernel NFS service
and the ZFS code.  I suspect that it'll be up to the ZFS on Linux
folks to debug it, since the Linux Kernel developers will probably be
more concerned with making supported filesystems work with NFS.

I know I used to have problems back in the RHEL4 days with exporting
XFS filesystems via NFS on Linux, and we had to migrate back to ext3.
XFS support is much better now, but it's also something that both
upstream (RHEL) and the kernel developers maintain.