[CentOS] ldap host attribute is ignored

Ulrich Hiller hiller at mpia-hd.mpg.de
Wed May 6 14:24:22 UTC 2015

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I have confused some things while
crawling through the manuals.

Now i have removed the 'ldap' from the /etc/nsswitch.conf. Now it looks
like this:

passwd:     files sss
shadow:     files sss
group:      files sss
hosts:      files dns
bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
ethers:     files
netmasks:   files
networks:   files
protocols:  files
rpc:        files
services:   files sss
netgroup:   files sss
publickey:  nisplus
automount:  files sss
aliases:    files nisplu

My /etc/openldap/ldap.conf is this:
TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts/
SASL_NOCANON    on
URI ldap://ldap.mydomain.tld
BASE o=XXX

The sssd.conf is this:
[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
services = nss, pam, autofs
domains = default

[nss]
filter_groups = root
filter_users = root

[pam]

[domain/default]
ldap_uri = ldap://ldap.mydomain.tld
ldap_search_base = o=XXX
ldap_schema = rfc2307bis
id_provider = ldap
ldap_user_uuid = entryuuid
ldap_group_uuid = entryuuid
ldap_id_use_start_tls = True
enumerate = False
cache_credentials = False
ldap_tls_cacertdir = /etc/ssl/certs
chpass_provider = ldap
auth_provider = ldap
ldap_tls_reqcert = never
ldap_user_search_base = ou=YYY,o=XXX
ldap_group_search_base = ou=YYY,o=XXX

access_provider = ldap
ldap_access_order = host
ldap_user_authorized_host = host

autofs_provider = ldap
krb5_realm = #
[autofs]

When i stop the sssd deamon, no login at all is possible. But when i
start sssd, again login is successful, independendly from what i write
into ldap_access_order and ldap_user_authorized_host (if i don't commit
syntax errors). I also tried with ldap_access_filter and inserting
"pam_check_host_attr     yes" into ldap.conf.
Still the same: When username and password are correct, the host
atribute is ignored.

Is there another config file i have to edit?

With kind regards, ulrich