[CentOS] [OT] eventlog-to-syslog

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Wed May 6 20:26:45 UTC 2015

<rant>
So, we've got a couple of WinDoze servers, and we getting logs from them.
Except the logs seem to stop on occasion. My manager set me onto this (I
*loathe* WinDoze, but someone's gotta do it), and I finally found out that
a previous co-worker installed eventlog-to-syslog, which seems to be
hosted in google code. And it *seems* to have come from Purdue Univ.

So < found the readme, and wanted to cut down the verbosity. There's a
startup flag for this.
The log levels are:
  1: critical
  2: error
  3: warning
  4: info
  0: everything/verbosity

The start flag that you can give it is the "minimum" log level. And no, I
did *not* write those levels out of order. Can *anyone* explain to me in
what number system 0 is *not* less than 3?....
</rant>

      mark