[CentOS] Backup PC or other solution

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Wed May 6 22:14:05 UTC 2015

On 6 May 2015 at 22:49, J Martin Rushton <martinrushton56 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Don't dismiss Amanda it works well in a disk based setup.  I don't
> bother with the spooling disk though.  I back up to virtual tape slots
> on an external disk and rotate three external disks; two are in the
> firesafe at work, one is on top of my PC.

I can say the same about Bacula, just spooling to virtual tape slots
on external disks work just fine here, it has worked more than a
decade w/o a hitch and I'm not changing it for the sake of having a
change any time soon (originally was backing to an external SCSI tape
using DDS2 media virtually using the same config files but rotating
multi-TB external disks is cheaper & easier).