[CentOS] Backup PC or other solution

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu May 7 17:08:31 UTC 2015

On 5/6/2015 11:23 PM, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
> when disk is filled, on bacula we can recycle disk volumes. What's for
> BackupPC? There is automatic backup deletion over retention time?

my year of monthlies and month of dailies of 25 servers has been more or
less constant size for a year or two now as it deletes the oldest
backups.   I don't think there's an option to delete based on volume
free space, its age based, so you adjust the retention age to suit.

the compression and dedup works so well it amazes me, that I have about
100TB worth of incremental backups stored on 6TB of actual disk.   My
backup servers actually have 32TB after raid 6+0, but only 20TB is
currently allocated to the backuppc data volume, so I can grow the /data
volume if needed.