[CentOS] Backup PC or other solution

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri May 8 00:44:15 UTC 2015

On 5/7/2015 2:21 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:

>> >thats an rsync protocol message, and yeah, debugging
>> >connection/authentication issues is a bit ugly.
> I'm sure you are right.
> But I use rsync several times a day, and I have never received this message.
>
> It's not ugly, it is inexcusable.

I just tried a command line rsync to a host that wasn't listening to ssh
at all, and got..

ssh: connect to host castillc2-PC port 22: Connection timed out
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(600) [receiver=3.0.6]

not exactly the pinnacle of clarity.