[CentOS] appdynamics php agent prevented by SELinux

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:47:10 UTC 2015

> That's a rather odd (personally, I think bad) place for a log (or
> even logfile lock) and I'm not at all surprised that selinux is
> keeping your application from writing there. I would check to see if
> there is a setup/configuration option for your application to put
> the log files and related in a more standard location (/var/log,
> /var/run), where it is less likely to run into an issue.

Yeah I agree that it's an unusual place to store log files. However I'm not
aware of any way to change that location since it's an RPM install. Maybe a
source install is possible. I'll do some googling.

> This isn't really a C7-specific issue/"problem".

Yeah that's right. I said that poorly. I had just been dealing with an
issue with systemctl priror to that which was due to it being a C7 machine.
But really only because I had been using systemctl.

What I'm most curious about is how Apache is reporting SELinux problems
whether or not SELinux is enabled. Like I said earlier, if I have SELinux
set to off, you still see those kind of messages relating to SELinux when
you do a status on httpd.

Odd.  One thing I did try was to do a restorecon -R -v
/usr/lib/appdynamics-php5/.

Since it might not be easy to change paths I was hoping to find a way to
solve this using SELinux.. Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to
solve this?

Thanks,
Tim

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Richard <
lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net> wrote:

> [...]

GPG me!!