[CentOS] Bacula backup system

Alessandro Baggi alessandro.baggi at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:28:35 UTC 2015

On c7 I can't find mod_perl.
Configuring bacula client requires only few lines...with bacula you need
only bacula pkgs and one database. With backuppc there are different
services to install and configure...some external to centos base. In c7,
without mod_perl  I must run cgi with suid...
Ok bacula is more complex (complexity I mean for its configuration) but It
is better organized and less messy. To install backuppc perl is required,
to install File::Rsync from cpan I must install gcc. Then installing bacula
on server/client and configure them from base repo is less complex and more
pratical then download, compile, configure.
The complexity is not on ssh key exchange or smb share (sorry for this
mistake) but for installation procedure of backuppc is less pratical for me.

Then when you learn how to use a software, like samba, for you (i think)
samba is the simpliest software to use and configure...but when you use
samba, you need only samba pkgs and they work.