[CentOS] Bacula backup system

Gabriele Pohl gp at dipohl.de
Tue May 12 10:24:07 UTC 2015

Hi Allessandro and all Bacula users
and especially to (potential) Bacula contributors,

On Mon, 11 May 2015 20:49:08 +0200
Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com> wrote:
> In my last request I have asked info about backuppc and other backup
> solutions. After some test I have choosen bacula.

Concerning the topic "Free Software" I read that
the relations between the FSFE and Kern Sibbald changed.
https://fsfe.org/news/2015/news-20150414-01.en.html

"Since 2006, the FSFE has been the fiduciary for
the copyrights held by developers in the Bacula.org software,
on the basis of a Fiduciary License Agreement (FLA)"

"Effective the 6th of March 2015, the FLA between Kern Sibbald
and FSFE has been terminated at the request of Kern Sibbald.
The FSFE is committed to ensuring to the best of its ability
that Bacula.org software remains Free Software, and can
only regret that Kern Sibbald in this way chose to terminate the FLA."

In the Copyright Assignment Agreement that
Contributors have to sign
http://www.bacula.org/downloads/CAA-bacula.en.pdf

I found the the following

Contributors .. grants a License, including, ..

5. the right to use, reproduce, redistribute and
make derivative works of the Software
under other including non-free licenses."

I wouldn't like to sign this.

To whom it may concern and kind regards,

Gabriele