[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS-7 disk images for AArch64 Platforms

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu May 14 21:12:41 UTC 2015

On 05/14/2015 03:51 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 5/14/2015 1:39 PM, Always Learning wrote:
>> Does this mean it may be possible to run basic version of C5, C6 and C7
>> on Arm64* CPU systems ?  Presumably this will include the Raspberry Pi ?
>
> is the rasberry pi ARMv8 (arm64) ?  I thought it was v7 (32bit only)

You are correct, the Pi is not armv8.

This is for larger devices ... although, there are now a some armv8
embedded devices too.

We SHOULD also have an armv7hl branch at some point too (we have just
really started working on that) ... and I think that will run on the
raspberry pi2 when done (though not the original).

We are trying for large data center devices not cell phones :)