[CentOS] Condor cluster setup advice (pointers) needed

Valeri Galtsev

galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Thu May 14 23:16:41 UTC 2015

Dear Experts,

Could someone recommend some "quick and dirty" HOWTO on condor based cluster?

A did a bunch of cluster setups, I always used PBS (or torque lately). But
my professor wants his to be Condor. I started reading Condor
documentation, and it is vast. And quick route, like: architecture chart,
and parameters I need to configure on master/submit, and compute nodes -
somehow manages to escape me. I'm at a real loss now. All works well on a
single machine (for quite some time already), but I am clueless about how
to add compute nodes. And my web search abilities seem to have left me
just on this one: all I'm able to find (together with a heap of how to
submit jobs to existing thing) are a couple of "./install" based setups -
whereas mine is rpm based - from their yum repository (for which they say:
DO NOT USE condor_configure script, but go ahead and edit config files ...
- as opposed to "./install")

Any pointers anybody?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Valeri