[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS-7 disk images for AArch64 Platforms

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Fri May 15 13:17:15 UTC 2015

On 05/14/2015 03:39 PM, Always Learning wrote:

> On Thu, 2015-05-14 at 14:25 -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
>> We've produced a disk image intended to help hardware vendors and
>> enthusiasts who are interested in bringing CentOS to their AArch64 based
>> platform. This allows a vendor to bypass the installer or to edit the
>> disk image before booting in order to test kernel modules or options. It
>> is intended for development purposes only, and will only continue
>> through the alpha and beta test phases.
>
> Does this mean it may be possible to run basic version of C5, C6 and C7
> on Arm64* CPU systems ?  Presumably this will include the Raspberry Pi ?

No. What I'm working on is 64bit/ARMv8 only. If you want something
that's similar form factor to the rpi, you might check out

https://www.96boards.org/products/hikey/

It *should* run on that. I haven't tested this yet, so I can't say for
certain. I should have one of these fairly soon though, and will then be
able to give a definite answer.

Fabian is working on an ARMv7(32bit) build that will support things like
the odroid, and rpi2.

--
Jim Perrin