[CentOS] Turning off wifi in CentOS 7

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Tue May 19 10:40:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, 18 May 2015, James Hogarth wrote:

> On 18 May 2015 at 20:10,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Someone else got the 7 pxe install going, and one thing that's annoying is
>> that NetworkMangler appears to be regularly trying to fire up the wifi.
>>
>> On a workstation, in a wired environment. I just want to tell NM to knock
>> it off....It's Monday, and my searching isn't going too well. Clues for
>> the poor?
>>

> nmcli radio wifi off

Or if you want a bigger hammer:

systemctl disable NetworkManager.service
systemctl enable network.service
systemctl stop NetworkManager.service
systemctl start network.service

The above will disable NetworkMangler and return control of the network to
the scripts in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts just like previous versions.

Regards,

Tom			me at tdiehl.org		Spamtrap address	 		me123 at tdiehl.org