[CentOS] I Have Multiple Ips But Can Only Telnet to One Interface. Not the subinterface. How to Fix?

Mike McKoy mikemckoy at gmail.com
Wed May 20 17:34:49 UTC 2015

There must be something else keeping the instance of postfix from listening
on that IP & port. When I set the config to localhost it only sends out
using the main postfix instance and it uses the wrong IP to do so. I'm
thinking something at the CENTOS level. I cannot get the port to open
on 172.30.1.65
regardless of what I try.

Again here is the config I have in /etc/postfix-immt/main.cf.
# Note: you need to stop/start Postfix when this parameter changes.
#
#inet_interfaces = all
#inet_interfaces = $myhostname
#inet_interfaces = $myhostname, localhost
inet_interfaces = 172.30.1.65

# Enable IPv4, and IPv6 if supported
inet_protocols = all

I appreciate all help. I'm extremely desperate at this hour.

--
Mike McKoy
*404.590.7176*