[CentOS] can i get .spec file for apache httpd of centos?

Vijendra Agarwal (vijagarw)

vijagarw at cisco.com
Fri May 22 09:37:10 UTC 2015

Hi All,
Currently my system is using httpd 2.2.27. As there were many Vulnerability fixes released under 2.2.29, I would like to upgrade the Apache httpd.
My system is having CentOS 6.5.

I checked on CentOS Repos using yum but could not find the latest httpd rpm from there. So I am building the httpd rpm from the source tar ball downloaded from apache site.
I am able to build the rpm successfully but after installation I am facing lot many different issues such as
1. new rpm does not show anything for below command
rpm –q httpd —changelog
2. If I check the compiler option used in httpd 2.2.27 and 2.2.29 are very different.
For 2.2.27 :- httpd: -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic (Build by CentOS)
For 2.2.29 :- httpd: -O2 –g (Build by myself)

Query
=====

  1.  How to provide the above compiler option so that the rpm get build with them?
  2.  Is it possible to get httpd.spec file using which CentOS has build the httpd rpm?

Thanks
Vijendra.