[CentOS] Command line mp3 player

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed May 27 21:00:56 UTC 2015

On 5/27/2015 4:30 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Bowie Bailey wrote:
>> On 5/22/2015 5:01 PM, Frank Cox wrote:

>>> What is your audio device?  Are you sure it's supported?
>>>
>>> (The lshw command will tell you what hardware you have.)
>> Supported by what?  OS, or mpg123?
>>
>> I don't have the lshw command.  However, I did find this:
> yum -y install lshw. It's nice. Slower to start than dmidecode, but much
> easier to read. And you can tell it to give you just some info, such as
> lshw -c storage

That makes sense.  I'm doing too many things at once right now...it
didn't even occur to me to try to install it from yum.

Here's what I get.

         *-multimedia
              product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller
              vendor: Intel Corporation
              physical id: 1b
              bus info: pci at 0000:00:1b.0
              version: 02
              width: 64 bits
              clock: 33MHz
              capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
              configuration: driver=snd_hda_intel latency=0
              resources: irq:42 memory:fc1a0000-fc1a3fff

--
Bowie