[CentOS] Openssl C6 distro tag different from upstream

Thu May 28 16:50:47 UTC 2015
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

Hello,

On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 14:25 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 04/02/2015 11:45 AM, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> > Just noticed that the distro tag used in openssl is different from
> > upstream. Upstream and the last update (openssl-1.0.1e-30.el6_6.7) use
> > "el6_6" where as the latest update (openssl-1.0.1e-30.el6.8) uses
> > "el_6". Any reason for this discrepancy?
>
> could you please file this as a bug report at bugs.centos.org

Weird, I thought I'd filed this issue and updated my account details at
bugs.centos.org at the same time somewhere in April. (I did update the
account details in my password manager.)  However I seem to be unable to
find this bug report again and my account details still held the old
values.

Now when I try to report the issue again the summary field of the form
provides me with the summary line that I used before, indicating that at
least I attempted to submit this issue ;) .

Have there been issues with bugs.centos.org (restored from backup) or
could it be the bug report got deleted because my contact email was no
longer valid?

Anyway, reported the issue again at
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=8801

Beware that 1.0.1e-30.el6_6.9 < 1.0.1e-30.el6.8, so as long as the
release number starts with 30 the tag can not be safely restored.

Regards,
Leonard.